Conveyancing and Property
When do I appoint a solicitor?
You will need the details of your conveyancing solicitor once you have agreed a purchase price and placed a deposit with the auctioneer. This booking deposit is refundable until you sign the contracts.
At this stage, your solicitor’s details are given to the auctioneer and your lending institution. To speed up this process, it is worth having instructed your solicitor before placing a deposit.
What does a conveyancing solicitor do?
- We review the contracts for sale, title documents and planning permission
- We advise you on any issues of concern
- We liaise with your bank or lending institution in respect of your mortgage, which we register as part of the over all property purchase process
- In larger apartment developments we also review all aspects of the property management company for you as well as offering a full review of the Home Bond documentation.
- If you are selling one property and buying another we liaise with the lending institution and with the purchaser’s solicitor
What are legal outlays?
Legal outlays are costs in addition to the professional fee charged by solicitors. Examples of some outlays include:
- Search fees
- Land registry fees
- Stamp duty
- Commissioner for Oaths
At Karen O’Neill & Associates all of our costs are transparent. Once we know what property you want to purchase, we can then quote you for all of the relevant outlays so that you are aware of all of the costs involved at the start of the process.
Why choose Karen O’Neill Solicitors?
Support through each stage
We are experienced property law solicitors and know that buying your first home, or selling and purchasing at the same time can be a daunting time. We are with you every step of the way and will guide you through each stage of the process so that you can get the keys to your new home with ease.
National and international clients
Did you know that it usually takes just one well planned meeting to start the conveyancing process? Even though we are based in Malahide, we have clients who live all over Ireland or who live abroad. All we need is one well planned meeting to go through all of the requirements. This is normally done face-to-face but we also do it through Skype if required.
All of our property law services
In addition to working closely with first time buyers, we also provide the following services:
- House sales and purchases
- Mortgage Switch
- Residential and commercial leases
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Rights of way and other easements
- Boundary disputes
- Agricultural transactions
- Inter-family arrangements
- Compulsory purchase orders
Take a Free Legal Checkup
Click the following Link to obtain a FREE legal checkup
Karen o’Neill and Associates
1 Main Street
p. 01 845 3344
f. 01 845 3648