THE NEW DIVORCE BILL:
The new Divorce Bill has reduced the waiting time for divorce to two years – this is a welcome change. If you feel that now may be the time for you to move forward, we will be happy to assist you in doing so. At Karen O’Neill & Associates solicitors, we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive professional service, and we will act in both a competent & caring manner. Below you will find a complete list of the services we offer. If you feel you need to speak to us in person, then please call our office to arrange a meeting on 01-845 3344 or complete our inquiry form on this page.
- Have you entered into a Separation Agreement and want a divorce;
- Are you Judicially Separated and want a divorce;
- Have you agreed to the details of your separation with your spouse and want a divorce;
- Property Transfers;
- Transfer of Mortgage;
- Pension Adjustment Order and
- Your Will.
We can help you obtain a Decree of Divorce as quickly as possible and finalise all matters following the issue of the Court Order.
Briefly, the procedure is as follows:-
- Agree with terms of separation with your spouse or in mediation;
- Issue proceedings known as a Family Law Civil Bill;
- Prepare an Affidavit of Means;
- Serve a Notice to the Trustees of your pension scheme;
- Issue a Notice of Motion for Judgement in default;
- Obtain a hearing date and have the divorce ruled in Court.
PROPERTY AND MORTGAGE TRANSFERS:
The Court may direct the transfer of the family home and any other properties into the sole name of one of the parties. It may be necessary to re-mortgage. We can assist you with any conveyance matter. For more information, please review our Conveyancing and Property pages.
PENSION ADJUSTMENT ORDER:
It is possible to get a Court Order that would block either party from having an interest in the other party’s pension. We can assist you in this process.
MAKING A NEW WILL:
Once a divorce has been granted, the Court will make an Order that neither spouse will be entitled to apply for provision out of the estate of the other. In this situation, it would be advisable to make a new will that outlines how your estate is distributed in accordance with your wishes. We can assist you in making this new will.
Each case is different, so please contact us to discuss your case, and we will be happy to give you an estimate of our costs and a reasonable time frame your divorce will take. Call us now for a quotation on 01 845 3344 or complete our inquiry form on this page.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Support through each stage
We are an experienced family law solicitors and know that these times can be an emotional & stressful time. We are with you every step of the way and will guide you most professionally.